Carlsbad "State of the League" Address – Winter 2016

Want to post in the forum? Login above. Not a member? Register Here

HomeForumsFlag FootballCarlsbadCarlsbad "State of the League" Address – Winter 2016

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joel G
    Keymaster
    Flight Action Sports Carlsbad
    Carlsbad “State of the League Address” Winter 2016.
    The season kicked off on Jan 17th with preseason games. Our playoffs/championship will be May 1st. There will not be games on Feb 7th (Superbowl) & Mar 27th (Easter). There will be games on Feb 14th (Valentine’s Day).  On Apr 3rd, all games will start 2 hours later as the fields will be occupied my Army/Navy.
    As of now we have 9 teams in the league, 5 D1 teams & 4 D2 teams. Top 3 teams in each division will make the playoffs. Seed 1 will get a first round bye and face the winner of Seed 2 vs Seed 3. Every team will face their divisional teams twice and play every team out of division once for a total of 12 games. Normal tie breaking rules are in effect.
    The schedule is done and I will post this week’s games shortly.  You may have one bye week and doubleheaders as well. The full season schedule will be posted Monday Feb 15th. Make sure all of your players know the website to check the schedule and stats. Speaking of stats, make sure you login to your team manager and input your players names and jersey #s for more accurate stats.
    Remember to clean up your trash i.e. empty water bottles. Please help me enforce no eating on the turf football field. And absolutely no sunflower seeds either. Thank you.
    Lastly, Army/Navy originally stated that we cannot play games on Mar 6th. They called this week and said we can have the fields from 4pm to 6pm that evening. So, I have an idea. Instead of cramming a week of games in, or having a third week off in such a short time, I would like to host a night of 8 man football. If you’re not familiar with 8man, it’s 8v8 with 3 refs per game, on the full 100 yard football field. It’s full rush from the line of scrimmage, no 5 second clock, and will have open-hand blocking. I will send out our rules well ahead of time. There would be 4 teams, 1 game at 4pm and 1 game at 4:45pm. Regular length games and regular price ref fees. Run it by your players and if this is something you are interested in tell me Sunday. I will have a copy of the rules there as well.
    I’m looking forward to another great season! Call or text me anytime.
    Thanks!

Joe Greene

League Manager
    Carlsbad & Escondido
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.